About Me

If I can just give to the world more than I take from it, I will be a very happy man. For there is no greater joy in life than to give. Motto : Live, Laugh and Love. You can follow me on Twitter too . My handle is @Raja_Sw.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Whose life is it anyway?


So they’ve ceased firing
For how long, I wonder
A year, maybe two
‘fore the bombs again thunder

Where life is cheap
And dignity even cheaper
The wrinkles tell their own story
As the wounds just get deeper

That child silenced for ever
Was she Jew or non-Jew
Collateral damage, they say
And continue to bomb anew

And we, from the sidelines, watch
This drama year after year
From the comfort of our cosiness
We shed the odd tear.

2 comments:

Shalini Austin Metalsmith said...

Its beautiful Raja, Sad but Beautiful

Ava said...

Lovely words Raja. I hope they listen to reason.