About Me

If I can just give to the world more than I take from it, I will be a very happy man. For there is no greater joy in life than to give. Motto : Live, Laugh and Love. You can follow me on Twitter too . My handle is @Raja_Sw.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dard-e-dil, dard-e-jigar


Khoya khoya sa hoon
Ki apni hi talaash mein hoon
Sehma sehma sa hoon
Ki kuchh niraash sa hoon
Bunte the khwaab bhi kabhi
Jab kabhi asha ki thi kiran
Ab to aalam hai ye banaa
Ki haare baazigar ke taash sa hoon

Loose English translation:

I am somewhat lost
For I'm in search of my own self
I am somewhat subdued
For I'm disillusioned at the moment
I used to weave dreams once
When I thought I could see a ray of hope
But now I feel like a gambler
Dealt a hand that can only lose

P.S: My occasional forays in the world of poetry sometimes do border on the morose. This is purely because I like to indulge in all moods in my poetry, not just the gung-ho type. The poetry should therefore not be seen as necessarily reflective of my state of mind. :-)

4 comments:

Ava said...

These are lovely lines, Raja.

You really have a flair for poetry.

:)

harvey said...

Bahut Khoob!
Love the line haare baazigar ke taash sa hoon!
Beautiful Similie!

dustedoff said...

I agree with Harvey about that 'baazigar ke taash sa hoon' - brilliant line! You are really good at poetry, Raja.

Anonymous said...

Very expressive raja.
I think for the sake of depth using sad emotions was always done by poets and singers.

pacifist